Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1



A. The educational implications of Google Squared seems to be more in depth with the information it provides. Like for example when I searched for the United States it provided me with the states motto and special descriptions as to where a particular state was located and what the lands were like once you get there.

B. But the educational implications that I received with Wolfram Alpha is that it provided me with more resourceful like the economic properties and the types of currency that's used in each area, more so for people who travel the world more often than others. I also noticed that what ever topic that you research it will provide you a summary of that topic and then go on to describing the smaller subjects within it.

C. No, I have never heard of Google Squared but with me studying to become an elementary teacher I really feel as if would be a great source to help my students familiarize themselves more with where they are.

D. No, this was also my first time using Wolfram Alpha and I'm happy that you showed me because I'm more than positive that this will help me from now own, oppose to me looking through encyclopedias and things of that sort.

E. Yes, it does change the way I think in a way. The statistics that they through at us as far as where that U.S. stands at an educational level is expected to be low compared to larger countries such as China. Also with the U.S being as small as it is in population, I feel as it is expected that things would happen around the clock with the way the world is changing.

F. The lesson that I learned from this video is that just because someone says it or it's in a book doesn't mean that it is a fact; Research the information yourself there is so much that you will find if you just reread and think!

No comments:

Post a Comment