Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blog Post #2

funny
Did You Know

This video is something that really makes you think about the things you do in everyday life.  I mean some things you know like for instance that there is a baby born almost every second of the day, but other things make you think such as how technology will eventually over power the human brain within the next 20 years or so.  Therefore I would suggest for all of us college students to become more focused because the world is changing at the blink of an eye.

Mr.Winkle Wakes

This video is so true for most of the older generation, but it's even more sad because some of the young people now days still haven't familiarized themselves with the way technology works today. Poor Mr. Winkle had no clue what was going anywhere the hospitals, the schools, or even at businesses, it was like he was in a totally different world.  But he was sleep for 100 hundreds, so with the way technology is changing it may only be a month, week, or even a day before we wake up and not recognize the things going on around us.

I would also like to add that this clip also makes a point that by showing us that we should start teaching our kids at a younger age the way things are in life. So that once they do start grade school though they will still will have a lot to learn, they'll have at least some knowledge of what they will be learning and how to get what they need to become successful.



Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

With this video I don't know where to start since I agree almost everything that was stated within it.  I want to start off by saying that I agree that we should include some time of physical activity that kids would enjoy during school just as they do Mathemematics, Social Science, Language Arts, etc; maybe not everyday but there should be something worked out for at least once a week.  In my opinion, I think that obesity is happening because with kids not engaging in much physical activity at school and go home to play video games and look at television it's not helping them out at all.  Also with the scenerio that he gave us about the little kid who was said to having a learning disablility, I think that  was  ludacris because if the parents had been more attentive to the child they would have realized their child had a special talent and not in need  of  special attention!

Another point that I wanted to touch on was when he pointed out that years ago people with a degree were unemployed by choice, and well today people with degrees have to sometimes wait years to find a decent job that involves their speciality.  I have heard so many different things as to why people with a higher education can't get a job, but the most shocking one to me is, "Sorry but you are over-qualilfied", that to me is absurd.  I understand that some employers may not want to give the person what they are asking for, but some people are simply looking for employment.

Vicki Davis: Digital Smarts

This class reminds me a lot of EDM310, it deals with plenty of technology with many different people from all around the world.   Well me personally I have never had to be glued to the computer as much as I am with this class.  I'm not saying that it is a bad thing, becuase it isn't it teaches me things that I never knew that could be done and it's allows me to get things done in a much quicker and easier form.  Being digitally smart makes things possible that you probably never thought could happen with things such as web cam, undated cell phones and other high tech devices that are being created as we speak.

Just as those students were learning how to do numerous of things with their equipment I know that we are going to be exposed to those types of things and more.  I really enjoy doing new things especially when I have a clue what I am doing; so with this new technology changing everyday I know that in this class we are going to be taught the best way to keep up and move forward!

1 comment:

  1. Toni,

    Great comment ... I really enjoy doing new things especially when I have a clue what I am doing; so with this new technology changing everyday I know that in this class we are going to be taught the best way to keep up and move forward! This is how most students feel about learning. If we as educators give them a little bit of guidance and confidence it can really help them grab hold of the learning process.

    ReplyDelete