Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Post #5

 book on podcasting for dummies


Well first I would like to say that I haven't ever done a podcast so I thought that I should actually read and listened to all of the different preparations assigned, and the three that I found most interesting were the Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog, Langwitches, and The Benefits of Podcasting in a Classroom.  Podcasting to me is a tool that seems to be very helpful to students of all ages, but especially to elementary kids.  I say this because when you are that age looking at things on television and/or a computer screen actually gets you to be more involved and seems to grasp their attention more than just sitting in a class with no type of interaction at all.  Also with the little ones, they are always willing to do something and getting them to become active is what they love to do.  Now as for the older students, podcasting may seem like just another form of work, unless the teacher understands and has the capability to help them to explore the concept of it more and show them how it can be used in many ways.  I really think that every student should be requested to do a podcast at least one time throughout grade school, because unlike power point, you are actually able to act out different topics and your thoughts of them.

I not only learned what a podcast is and how to use it, I also learned the different approaches to use when getting ready to began one.  Even though I have never used a podcast before, I know that the one I have been assigned to do in Mr. Strange's EDM310 Class will be interesting.  I see that I can different things such as voices and pictures all while educating and informing others, which I know is always a good task!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post Toni!

    You are so right, an activity like podcasting is a great way to get students involved and engaged in meaningful learning. Podcasting gives students not only the opportunity to learn their subject matter but they also engage in a lot of what I call incidental learning. They learn things like team work, recording their voice, possibly playing specific roles, etc. Honing these basic skills is always a plus.

    Your blog looks great. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete