Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Post #11~ Little Kids...Big Potential




Mrs. Cassidy uses great techniques when it comes to teaching her students the way technology can be used today. I'm sure that getting all those little minds to cooperate was a challenge but with her seemingly passion for teaching, it was not an issue for her. I think that I would probably take a little something from all of the different approaches that Mrs. Cassidy uses to educate. The two I would probably use more often than others would be (like Dr. Strange)to get my students to create a blog and assign them to post something on it once a week and maybe on Friday's have a Skype conversation with a classroom elsewhere to learn different material from one another. Technology is not as bad as it sounds and once you get the hang of it, you can actually have some educational fun, much like Mrs. Cassidy's class seem to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Toni! I think that the way Mrs. Cassidy integrated technology in her classroom was great. I am planning on using many of the things that we have used in EDM 310, but I thought that having 1st or 2nd grader keep up with their own blog would be difficult. Now after watching this video, I see that it can be done. I just hope that when I have my students create blogs it works as well as it has for Mrs. Cassidy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do believe in blogging! Did you watch the Skype session with Ms. Cassidy?

    ReplyDelete