Sunday, November 7, 2010

C4K Summary Post 3-7



I was assigned to comment  on different kid's blogs that  ranged from elementary on up to middle school. 
The first child I want to talk about is Kane, he is a 4th grader at Pt England School that posted his volcano project.  He seemed to be an interesting kid who really enjoyed working with his other three classmates to get their volcano to erupt.  It looked very nice and he even wrote down a list of things that he would have done differently to make it a little better than it was, which shows great potential!  The other student was Tylara who is a 6th grader who talked about the school's parent/teacher conference.  She talked about how even though she wasn't able to attend to the conference she knew that she needed to work a little harder in Math, but she was doing well in her other classes.  It's very rare that you have a child at that age to really keep up with the progress that they are making in the classrooms.  Keep up the good work Tylara and try to make it to the next meeting if you can.  The third student was Maddie, who is a 7th grader in Miss W's class in Australia that was working on researching her ancestors.  I told her that by doing that she would find some  useful facts about her elders and her culture.  I also mentioned that I remember doing something similiar back in grade school and even though it seemed to be a never ending project it was very fun!   Another kid that I commented on was Madison who is a 6th grader in Mr. Goerend and Mrs. Quam's class in Iowa.  I commented on a poem she wrote that talks about her favorite spot in the classroom.  She goes on to say that the other students in the class often try to take her spot when she is not around because it is so comfortable.  So I also mentioned to her that I too have a cozy little spot at work that I love with a heater and all!  I also learned by reading Madison's blogs that her pet peeve is having a twin sister and that her favorite sudject is Math.  Now last but certainly not least, the last student that I commented on so far was Angie, who is a 4th grader in Ms. Naugle's class.  Angie talked about her in class project where they were measuring apples, and even though she left her apple at home, her classmate Nya shared her's so that Angie would not be left out.  I informed Angie that it's nice to have peers that don't mind sharing with one another in order to complete their work.  To conclude, I want to add that I really enjoyed commenting on these kids blogs, it allows me to see what they are thinking and how they react to different things in the classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment