Monday, November 15, 2010

Blog Post #12

3rd grade booklet


Go to a school (what ever grade to desire to teach) find a student and ask them a few questions about technology at least five.  They may be any questions of your chose.  Also explain to me why you chose teaching as a profession and why you enjoy this particular grade level over the others.

J. E. Turner Elementary School
3rd Grade-Tiffani Wright

Do you know what technology is?
Yes, it means computers & cell phones

What type of technology do you use at school?
well we just got some new computers called smart boards that are really fun work on

What type of technology do you use a home?
I have a computer and a laptop at home that I use to do my homework and my mom and dad they both have cell phones that I also use

What would your teacher do without technology?
I think she would be slower giving us papers to take home because she uses the computer for that and we would not have as much fun in her class because our new smart board would not be here and we could not be able to learn.

Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? Do you think you will have to use technology on your job?
Yes I want to be a singer, and I think I will have to use technology to let people know when I have a show and to type up songs for me to sing.

I really enjoyed this interview with my student, she was very willing to answer my questions with the best of her ability. By the end of this interview I had to explain to her that technology is all around her and that it is more than just cell phones and computers. I decided to do teach third grade simply because to me they seem to be more willing to learn and more attentive to the teacher when it comes to learning new material. I have substituted for many elementary classes and I still seem to find myself more interested in third grade than the others(not saying that I wouldn't be willing to teach them all). I chose teaching as a profession because as a child growing up I have had a couple of teachers that has really inspired me in life not only when I was in class with them but as I progressed in school also. They taught me more than just the material in the books, but also how important education would be in my lifetime and how it's almost mandatory that I get one in order to live comfortably and be happy with my life. I want to be remembered as one of the teachers that impacted my students life and let them know that education is forever, and that knowledge is power!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a good idea because the student can see how students like those he or she wishes to teach view technology. But, not every student has a student available to them. That is the only problem I may see students encountering if this was to be made a future assignment. But it is still a good idea. Perhaps it could be something for education students to do during their student teaching when they have more contact with students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good idea. This assignment would help EDM 310 students to think about how technology can be incorporated into the type of classroom in which they would like to teach. SS

    ReplyDelete