Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog Post #8

picture of mircophone

Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream Parts 1&2

Part 1 and 2 of Richard Miller's video was great and it provided many different techniques that can be used with technology by gathering and even presenting information on the web. It sort of seems like a lot of information to grasp as of how to become comfortable with using the web and neglecting all other sources (such as library, books, etc.), but I see that he is saying with just about everything being available online it would make the job easier.

Am I prepared to write with multimedia? Well there are different sources of technology I need to familiarize myself with, but I know once I am an educator I will have become more knowledgeable about the web and the things available for me and my students. But, I feel as if even though I'll have the knowledge to write with multimedia, I don't think I'll have the time to get my students to be as creative as they probably could be with using it the way the educational system has started to dictate the way things are taught in the classrooms. In my opinion as long as the students are grasping the information in a mannerable way, then it should be up to the teacher as to what technique would better suite them.

I'm sure that with me being an elementary educator the students may be very familiar with the basics techniques of the use of the web, but I am sure that I will have to spend more time with them to assist them on how to properly display certain information and/or assignments via the web.  As I stated in the previous paragraph, in order for us to better work with students and assist them with multimedia writing, the principals would have to let up a little and allow teachers to show their capability of expanding students thoughts and creativity.

EDM for Dummies

I really enjoyed these videos they did a great job.  I was also able to relate to to the stress at the beginning becuase this class can be stressful when you are new to all the different technology that is being thrown at you.  But once you ask questions and are able to understand the purpose of it all, you become more relaxed about the assignments and they become a breeze to complete.

Smartboards

bdiehl001 said...

1 comment:

  1. Nice graphic!

    These EDM 310 videos have a general theme, the learner is in charge of their own learning learning. As an EDM 310 student you must be open minded, ready to try new things, willing to take the time, able to manage the time, willing to collaborate, and ready to learn a lot. Students must embrace this course and avoid getting behind at all costs. It all begins with the right attitude and that is a simple choice, to take charge of your own learning. SS

    ReplyDelete