Monday, October 11, 2010

First Report PLN

Although I still have much work to do on my Personal Learning Network, I have accessed networks such as youtube, facebook, symbaloo, podcast,  twitter (which I have just joined) and of course my blog.  The 7th grader's PLN that I watched on youtube was very impressive and soon enough I'll feel the same way about mine.  I have been exploring new networks every chance I get to better familiarize myself with the technology that is available to me.  With this EDM310 class I feel that once this semester is over and I have successfully passed, I would have accessed so many different networks that I never knew existed which I'm more than positive will be a great benefit for my career as an educator.   Also I would like to say that My PLN in Action by Karl Fisch was a great example by how it can really be put to use in many ways and also helpful to people of all sorts.  One thing that I favored most was the post where he said he had read where someone said that 'books are still in my PLN'.  I think this is great because even though most things today are given to us in some sort of technological form, reading is something that will still enhance your way of analyzing things, improve the way you speak, and  broaden your thought process.  So therefore, a PLN with many different ways of learning is great have because the thing that teachers need the most are organizational skills, and with an improved PLN I think it will help out a lot.  So keep an eye out on my magnificent Personal Learning Network because it is coming soon!


a wordle of PLN's

No comments:

Post a Comment